Join the community on
Discord
Sudden

A Few Suggestions

Hi all,

This is my first post on the forums so I’d like to start with a warm Hello to all of the existing players and welcome to all of the new.

I am relatively new to the server, starting only two weeks ago now, but I’ve put many hours into it. Below will be a few of the suggestions I’ve noticed over my time on Athens.

My first suggestion is we need more community events. Ie, a raids (or any npc) event where you have like a 10-20% droprate boost when in groups of 3+. We could also do events such as fashionscape, H&S, trivia, pk tournaments, dds/whip fighting tournaments, and many other ideas. This suggestion can also include say weekly discord giveaway’s, events, tasks for rewards. Giveaways could be small things like 5/10$ bonds, new player giveaways(say full crimson ranger w/ frost minigun), or say a large monthly giveaway. The tasks for rewards would be a staff member chooses a weekly difficult task, say to do 250 raids, 500-1000 kc on a certain npc, do a certain skill ie. (make 1000 rune bars, 5k arrows made).

One thing I’ve noticed on all custom servers is that skilling is non-existant/no incentive to even do. Maybe adding a new skilling minigame/boss (that drops skilling tools/items) to make more of an incentive to want to do skilling things. I know I get tired of PvM content and would like a break to relax and do some skilling. But at the current moment, skilling would just be a waste of time.

Next suggestion is towards afk. I do not believe the afk area needs any update at all, that zone is perfect. The only suggestion I have is on ckeys. I know a rework on the drops has been in the talks, but I believe making an AFK shop that you use ckeys as a currency may be the best option. This solution may be an easier fix that has a better lasting effect than doing a ckey drop table rework.

I had a few slayer suggestions, but from the most recent update notes it looks like these will be implemented in the upcoming update.

Now onto more of Donation deals, to maybe bring in more donations.

I know the current, buy 2 get 1 is an amazing deal. But deals such as 50$ goodiebags, daily total donation progression deals, Dono bosses, and a donation npc.(I’ll explain on this later).

Obv the 50$ goodiebag is self-explanatory. Donate 50$ and you get a chance at an expensive item just for donating. This can be expanded into different money tiers of donations.

Daily total donation progression. Ie. 50$ total for the day gets a free 10$ bond, 100$ gets a free store/drop rate box, 500$ gets a free 50$ bond. You can implement any items into this, but would be nice for those that donate large amounts in a single day.

Donation npc. Gives you a random box when you talk to the npc each day. Say 1/1500 chance to get a store box. But ½ you would get super boxes or what not. With this npc he would also have a shop. The shop’s currency would be npc points that you earn from killing monsters in a certain donator zone. This is a feature I really like which gives you incentive to kill monsters in the donator zone you can go. Also will help players earn more money.

I’m always trying to think of new and unique ideas to help this server. I’ve really liked my time so far on this server and want to see it succeed. A few of the ideas on here are from other servers, but these are the ideas I think could really help improve the server. I thank you if you read all of the suggestions here and would appreciate if you gave me your opinion below.

Thanks all,

Sudden

• Like 2

Hello Sudden, 

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share some of your ideas. I will forward these suggestions to the staff team to see which align with the vision we have for the future of Athens.

Wolf