Join the community on
Discord
Royalred56

Guide For Lag Fix/Client Freezes

• Global Administrator

How to make fix lag and client freezes

First off, I do not take credit for discovering this, I was passed down the code from a fellow staff member.

In this guide, you will be creating an executable batch file, and running this will help lower your chances of lagging and will also help with client freezes.

Step 1
On your desktop, right-click and click on new > create a text document and name it whatever you would like.

Step 2
Locate File Explorer on your Windows Task Bar and open it

8e671c221ee1e4db53690385237d81c5.png

Step 3
Once you have that open you should see along the top bar there is a tab called "View"

feb2295b8e2dd2f69909c80014e286b1.png

Click on the View tab and make sure you have "File Name Extensions" checked

bbab54fbf52088c0e3d4634792b5b68e.png

Step 4
Head back to your desktop locate the text document you had made, right-click and rename it. Name it whatever you like but change the file extension on the end from .txt to .bat < this will turn it into an executable batch file. After you renamed your file, you want to right-click that .bat file you just made and paste this code into it.

@echo off

java -Xms4096m -Xmx4096m -jar AthensPS.jar

pause

After you have that code pasted into your .bat file, make sure to save it and then close it.

Step 5

The launcher will not work with this method, you will need to launch the Athens Launcher and let it update, then go into the windows taskbar again->click this pc->Local disk (C:drive)->user->your username for your pc->then copy athensps.jar

Step 6
Once you've created both the .bat file and copied the .jar file you should see something, on your desktop similar to what I'm showing below, and all you have to do is run the .bat file and it should help with client lag and client freezing!

e189650af4d90912007ce619d98f3aef.png

Note: Some people will get an error when they open the .bat file because the heap size is too large. How you fix this is to right-click your .bat file and edit, and then the Xms and the Xmx numbers are just too high so all you have to do is drop the first number until it works! Any additional questions on this guide don't be afraid to send me a message in-game or on discord! Hope this helps some of you!

Credit for this guide goes to Blitz.