Join the community on
Discord
nori nayr

In-name donation suggestion

Has your suggestion been suggested before? (Provide an answer. If you can't, say yes or no) 
Not that I'm aware of.
Will this suggestion create an eco issue? (Provide an answer. If you can't, say yes or no) 
Potentially, although in my personal opinion it would help provide more items back into eco instead of in the banks of 20 people.
Is this Suggestion able to be abused? (Provide an answer. If you can't, say yes or no) 
No.
What do you think the overall impact to the Server will be?
I think this would give people more of a reason to need/want cash rather than purely for upgrades at this point, as well as introduce previously hoarded items back into the eco instead of people sitting on stacks of items just waiting to buy in-names with them.
What is your suggestion?

My suggestion is to make in-names from other players only buyable with cash due to the fact there is a good amount of people just straight up clearing pos of late midgame/endgame items purely for future in-names sales. This creates an issue with a lot of different items that inevitably raises the prices a lot and/or makes them damn near impossible to get in the first place without overpaying 20%.

Also I'd love to hear feedback on this and ways if not exactly like this, something of the sort to help with the issues stated above.

We've done this previously. This has failed to be the case, as people have an abundance of cash. This isn't really something that will work exactly. I don't think it's advised to do this. It just kind of is bad overall. What you're then going to do is see a lot of inflation for example omni prayer scroll may be 300Q or 400Q.

• Forums Team

I agree with Smash here. I know a lot of people have similar feelings around in-name donations, but in the form you suggested this will create a vacuum of cash and make it so that item prices continue to increase. There are some other possible fixes for this, but would require more internal discussion. As it stands, having items on stand-by has been best practice for selling in-names for a very long time, not just recently.