Join the community on
Discord
Kyler

Pest Control

Has your suggestion been suggested before? (Provide an answer. If you can't, say yes or no) 
Yes
Will this suggestion create an eco issue? (Provide an answer. If you can't, say yes or no) 
No, it’s a QoL update.
Is this Suggestion able to be abused? (Provide an answer. If you can't, say yes or no) 
No.
What do you think the overall impact to the Server will be?
It will allow players to get their early gear going a lot sooner so they can build KC faster at monsters.
What is your suggestion?

My suggestion is that we cut down the time from 15 seconds of being on the boat, to 5 seconds. There’s no need to sit in the boat and wait for the next game to start for 15 seconds. When we are literally clearing portals faster than it takes to even get in a game of pc. Personally, I believe there’s no reason it should take as long as it does to get your set of starter void. When you’re winning games faster than how long it takes the boat to get you in the game I think the boat timer needs cut way down. Let me know what you all think and why or why not you agree. Thanks!

• Global Administrator

Thank you for your suggestion.  I believe if we shorten the time anymore it will start to hurt the balancing in place in the reward shop.  It has already been shortened to the 15 seconds that it is now, it used to be longer.

• Forums Team

As Royal said, the timer was just reduced from 30n seconds to 15 seconds this update. We also have some plans coming down the road to make much needed improvements on the early game. 

If the time in game vs time in boat ratio is off, we could always increase the HP of the portals to make the games last longer as well. 

Thanks for the suggestion!

On 9/6/2021 at 10:59 PM, Pantiez said:

If the time in game vs time in boat ratio is off, we could always increase the HP of the portals to make the games last longer as well. 

That would only hurt the new players, the time to boat ratio is only skewed when high geared players are racing through pest control to either help the new players, or get rewards of their own.

• Forums Team
37 minutes ago, Satanical said:

That would only hurt the new players, the time to boat ratio is only skewed when high geared players are racing through pest control to either help the new players, or get rewards of their own.

That's correct, so what I hear you say is that in its current state, it's balanced. This is good because we agree that PC is balanced in its current state after the 50% nerf of the timer.

• Thanks 1