Join the community on
Discord
Harold

Slayer Blood shop/drops

Has your suggestion been suggested before?  Not that I know of

Will this suggestion create an eco issue? No.

Is this Suggestion able to be abused? No.

What do you think the overall impact to the Server will be? QOL, especially for ironmen

What is your suggestion? Bring back, or bring another way, to receive monster bloods.

As an ironman, farming a boss is something I don't mind doing for weeks. However, coming to find out that if I want to use the omni head I received as a drop, I need to do a lot of slayer to get this turned into a slayer helm. Why this was changed, I can understand, but its very detrimental in my opinion - and moreso, very demotivating.

I would really like to see another way to receive these monster bloods, as so far, this has been the biggest (unnecessary) grindwall for a single item that I've perceived. And as a big lover of the server, I'd like to see this changed.

Either use some kind of other points in shops for purchasing these bloods, or getting them from any kind of mob, would already be a huge difference.

For now, I will not be doing any more slayer - I feel a little defeated and rather demotivated.

Thanks for hearing me out, I hope this brings some light to these bloods - and some kind of QOL can be created.

Edited by Harold
Topic name

• Forums Team

I can see where you're coming from, but it was designed intentionally to be something that you can only get from Slayer (regular). There should be a point and a reason to grind all forms of slayer if slayer is something you are interested in doing. In my testing, especially with decent gear, regular slayer points are also now significantly faster to obtain, making the bloods easier to obtain. In general we have found that even grinding for all three helms (75 bloods) is easily done within a few days.

I definitely recommend giving slayer a try!

Understandable that this is how it's picked up, but unfortunately the demotivation hit much harder then that.

After picking up slayer again, and realising it takes me about two days to get 10k points for a single helm, I just had to post about it.

Seeing that you say "grinding for all three helms (75 bloods) is easily done within a few days." I'm sorry, but its just not.

I'd still like to see some kind of change in this, as I do not have enough time to farm these, and I'm unfortunately not interested in wasting the next few weeks trying to get that one piece, even though I can start working on other (much, much more rewarding) things for my account.

Thanks for reading.

A quick addition to this topic is my calculation.

From the point where I am now (1 slay helm, nothing else) I still need to make 95k slayer points.

Grabbing what I already know (A full day of slayer) I will make 8k per day.

Combining this with work, capping on maximum half that per day, because there's no way I can get higher then that it'll cost me 23.75 days to finish 3 helms.