Join the community on
Discord
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fruitella

Owner Cape (t), Comp (t) and an Achievements Diary Overhaul.

Guest Fruitella

Has your suggestion been suggested before? (Provide an answer. If you can't, say yes or no) - I don't believe so

Will this suggestion create an eco issue? (Provide an answer. If you can't, say yes or no) - I can't imagine why it would, as it would be untradeable.

Is this Suggestion able to be abused? (Provide an answer. If you can't, say yes or no) - It depends how it's implemented, but no, hopefully noy.

What do you think the overall impact to the Server will be? - I think this suggestion would make have a positive impact on the long term, end game players, and give them a greater reward for putting in more hours and exploring more aspects of the server.

What is your suggestion?

Simple, Completionist Cape (t), with the option to Merge with the Owner Cape to create the Owner Cape (t).  A fully customisable owner cape, with similar (or slightly better) stats as the original Owner Cape.  However, it's a statement piece, it shows that you've put the hours in to complete all the achievements, and all the NPC tasks.

This update would require an overhaul of the Achievements and NPC tasks, at the minute they're far too easy.  This should be a GRIND to complete, I'm talking hundreds of hours (Some examples of requirements; 10,000 Vorkath Kills, Forge an Omni piece, Upgrade a Custom weapon, Reach 100 prestige, Get a Mini Mimic Drop etc..).

Atm, the Owner Cape is bis, and it's relatively difficult to acquire, but it's usually the first owner item players get (aside from darts).  So, where does it go from there? Without adding an "Owner Cape v2", which costs even more donor points, I think an untradeable item like the Comp (t), would be the perfect item to use to upgrade/merge with the Owner Cape.  Players who have had the original owner cape for a while, this gives them something to strive for.

Whether the upgrade is statistically better, or purely cosmetic, I think it's a worthwhile investment of developer time.  Plus, it's easily updated to be relevant to recent updates (aka new content = new achievements).  On it's own, I think the Comp (t) should be statistically better than a Max/Angelic, perhaps similar to a Darklord Cape.  However, it's likely that if somebody completes this Comp (t) requirements, they'll likely have an Owner Cape already, and therefore will likely just forge to create an Owner Cape (t).

In essense, a full customisable upgrade to the Owner Cape, which requires a Completionist Cape (t), that is one hell of a grind to get.

I'm thinking of making mine Purple and White when I get it (in April 2021)!

1st thing no. People pay for custom ownercapes. That's just dumb. IMO. 

2nd, we're already working on.

3rd, already done, wait for it.