Join the community on
Discord
Guest Fruitella

Quality of Life, Slayer and More...!

Guest Fruitella

Hi guys, I've been back on the server for about a week following a long hiatus, and some ideas have come to my head.  Please give them a read and reply with your HONEST feedback, pls no +1 support, tell me what you like and don't like.  Cheers.

MAKE SLAYER GREAT AGAIN

We're under no illusions that slayer is the driving force of the server, and is perhaps what most players spend their time doing.  It's a lot of fun, but who says it's can't be EVEN MORE FUN!

Firstly, some simple suggests;

- Add the ability to extend tasks, 41 Angelic warriors, cmon? I wanna see 100+ Angelics.  Same interface as the blocked tasks, 5 options.  Easy.

- Add the ability to FAVOURITE tasks, and make them more likely to appear.  Woo, another Lexicuses tasks? Not!  Give me something I WANT TO DO PLS.

- Add a daily FREE SKIP, that does not end your streak. (Could be more, or unlimited, based on donor rank). Nobody likes to lose their streak.

- Slayer Store needs a mix up, the only thing people buy are Dragon Miniguns, Hellfire Scrolls, x2 Lamps and maybe 99 lamps.  More of the other stuff is useless, who's wasting 750 points on Crimson Range? Not me fo sure.  Maybe add desirable items at PREMIUM PRICES... 100,000 Points for Rosebloods, sure I'm down to grind!

- The Advanced Slayer Helm is useless in its current state, and it's a shame to see it in the PoS for 350b (Particularily when it's relatively new content).  

The base version should be buffed to provide both a drop rate and damage boost for all 3 styles, think of it as a Angelic Helm or Paper Bag equivalent but only on task.

- Extend streaks beyond 10, ye it's cool to get a 25 box drop @ a 10 streak, but how about a 50 box drop at a 50 streak and 100 box at 100 streak? 10 streak is a little repetitive

- Add ::setelite, for the g's out there.  Slayer tasks not for the feint of heart.  (e.g. 12 x Corp kills, 25 x K'ril, 50 x Vorkath) and of course, more rewarding = more points, more change at a superior? Go wild, ::sethard isn't quite HARD enough.

- Visual slayer task countdown on the screen, next to the timers.  I don't like switching tabs, it keeps everything on one screen and will be a nice QoL addition.

Quality of Life

Small updates which will make the game better, and overall, a more enjoyable experience.

- Add the ability to note items and sell them to the 1b shop.  Or, add some other way to get rid of these items quickly (Anyone else got 10k American Pernix sets in the bank? Zzzzz selling those 28 at a time)

- Add the following commands for ::bravek (or ::task), ::pos, ::1bshop, ::prev (previous ::command), ::slots (Lengendary+ similar to ::bank?) 

- Auto refresh the stores every ~ 6 hours, wouldn't this fix the issue with the stores glitching?

- Add a previous search option in the PoS

- Claim all on Ultra and Supreme boxes - too lazy to spam click tbh

- Please god, add the Infinite Overload to the Forge options for Inf (i).  Cost 2x Infinite Overloads and 50t? ILL PAY IT.

- Add ::thread ####, for the forums?

- Add ::autoyell, every 1 minute autoyell for youtubers and sale advertisements.

- Remove some of the stupid public acconcements like Strange Fiber and Polypore staff, gz man, u got a 1b drop!  It looks untidy in the chat box.

- Ability to dismantle items and reclaim the power crystals? Potentially controversial one, but maybe I want to upgrade my gear and not waste 30t on another 3 crystals when I already have them? Maybe you lose 1 crystal in the process, but it would mean that players are more inclined to continue to upgrade their own gear rather than buying and selling up.

- Add dragon minigun to Supremes and Ultras, another upgrade opportunity rather than relying on Limeys.

- Add some interesting new day bonuses, x2 PK points is pointless and wasted on us.  How about Increased Drop Rate Day, or Increased Superiors Day, or Upgrade bonus day, or... Some ideas guys pls.

HWEEN UPDATE

Hey great update, not hating, there's just some small thing's I'd change.

- Add the ability for the Hween boss to drop Hween boxes, seems fitting, right?

- Increase Hween token drops from the Hween boss, I get the same from Skotizo, what's the deal?  It's supposed to be a Halloween EVENT.

- ::kc Hween boss loc?

- When the event ends, make the Halloween event items UNTRADEABLE.  This prevents people merching tf out of tokens, Halloween items, etc, just for their own future gain.  

Might add some other stuff later, thanks for reading!

Guest Axoraxi

I disagree on all the hween event Suggestions,
On the other hand i agree all of the above but the following :

1. Dmg's from supreme and ultra boxes will just ruin the game more, as you get alot of dmg's from slayer boxes and slayer points.
2. Disagree on the overload (i) forge option, Soo easy to get if there is a forge.

3. Disagree on dismantle of items, Power crystals are common enough.
3. Disagree on the slayer thing as it is sooo common and easily obtainable, On the other hand, There is the vorkath slayer helm for range, Zamorak slayer helm for magic, And kirl slayer helm for melee, So you gotta grind for thise, Omni slayer helm is a tribrid for all styles. Plus that it is not a new content, It was a huge pull from boxes but now it ain't as it is so common.

Other than that, I appreciate the suggestions they are soo good. Thank you :)

Guest Fruitella
11 minutes ago, Guest Axoraxi said:

I disagree on all the hween event Suggestions,
On the other hand i agree all of the above but the following :

1. Dmg's from supreme and ultra boxes will just ruin the game more, as you get alot of dmg's from slayer boxes and slayer points.

This is true, was just thinking it'd add another item to look for from these boxes that aren't the ultra rares (Bonds, Crystals), but I do agree there are plenty of avenues to get DMGs already. 
2. Disagree on the overload (i) forge option, Soo easy to get if there is a forge.  

I just think at the moment, despite how much money you have it's all up to a 20% chance, and people who have grinded and grinded for Infinite Overloads aren't rewarded.  Whereas, someone new could get one first time.  Idk, I just don't like to leave things to chance, and if there was an opportunity for something to be 100% at a potentially higher cost, I know I would take it.

3. Disagree on dismantle of items, Power crystals are common enough.

True, but at their current price ~10t, you wouldn't think they were so common.  This is mainly aimed around new players, who are upgrading their gear up the ranks and don't have 90t to upgrade a full set each time. 
3. Disagree on the slayer thing as it is sooo common and easily obtainable, On the other hand, There is the vorkath slayer helm for range, Zamorak slayer helm for magic, And kirl slayer helm for melee, So you gotta grind for thise, Omni slayer helm is a tribrid for all styles. Plus that it is not a new content, It was a huge pull from boxes but now it ain't as it is so common.

What do you think should happen with Advanced Slayer Helms then? Like you said they're very common, but completely useless.

Other than that, I appreciate the suggestions they are soo good. Thank you ?

No, thank you for taking the time.  Appreciate the feedback!

Guest display
1 minute ago, Guest Fruitella said:

I just think at the moment, despite how much money you have it's all up to a 20% chance, and people who have grinded and grinded for Infinite Overloads aren't rewarded.  Whereas, someone new could get one first time.  Idk, I just don't like to leave things to chance, and if there was an opportunity for something to be 100% at a potentially higher cost, I know I would take it.

Mainly about this bit, inf ovls were made increasingly harder to get due to the recent pc update. The overload upg chance was fine beforehand, but for an extreme donor *avg donor* it's now 140 games on non double pc, that's why it'll seem harder to get now. If it was increased, but not by 60000x the price, it would be more decent. if agreed go reply to that pc thread ty 

Thanks for all the suggestions man!

There were a few things in this list that have already been suggested and are already being looked in to!

1. To start off, making super/ultra/supreme box loot notable would bring way too much cash in to the eco. We're talking hundreds of quad. The money is there if the players want to take the time to sell it, if they want to be lazy, thats on them. 
  2. I like all of the commands options except ::slots, as it isn't that hard to just tele to ::gkey and walk a few tiles.
  3. I like the idea of extended tasks, could add it like OSRS and you pay X amount of slay points per task you want to extend etc. I don't like the idea of choosing favorites, hence why there is a block option. 
  4. An auto yell option would just introduce unnecessary spam w/ people selling items, unless it was for youtuber ranks only.
  5. Dragon miniguns are already super common from slayer, and so many more have been introduced in to the game from the update before the halloween update. I personally don't think they need to be supremes/ultras.
  6. The Public Announcements also recently got reworked with the update before the halloween update.
  7. I'm with Display on the Halloween update, I don't think anything needs to be touched.

Sorry this was all out of order! I will however get this suggestion mentioned to the higher ups, as there are a lot of good ideas here! ? 

Thanks for the ideas and keep them coming! We're always looking for new ways to improve!

• Content Manager
33 minutes ago, Guest Fruitella said:

Hi guys, I've been back on the server for about a week following a long hiatus, and some ideas have come to my head.  Please give them a read and reply with your HONEST feedback, pls no +1 support, tell me what you like and don't like.  Cheers.

MAKE SLAYER GREAT AGAIN

We're under no illusions that slayer is the driving force of the server, and is perhaps what most players spend their time doing.  It's a lot of fun, but who says it's can't be EVEN MORE FUN!

Firstly, some simple suggests;

- Add the ability to extend tasks, 41 Angelic warriors, cmon? I wanna see 100+ Angelics.  Same interface as the blocked tasks, 5 options.  Easy.
I sometimes get 70 Angelics to do... Are you sure that you have ::sethard done?

- Add the ability to FAVOURITE tasks, and make them more likely to appear.  Woo, another Lexicuses tasks? Not!  Give me something I WANT TO DO PLS.
You can block tasks that you don't want to do by talking to Bravek, going to the interface and blocking the "Currently Active" task if you don't want to do it. I currently have abaddons, lexi, skotz, vetions and skyrockets blocked.

- Add a daily FREE SKIP, that does not end your streak. (Could be more, or unlimited, based on donor rank). Nobody likes to lose their streak.
Don't think something like this will be necessary due to the point above. Block the tasks you don't want.

- Slayer Store needs a mix up, the only thing people buy are Dragon Miniguns, Hellfire Scrolls, x2 Lamps and maybe 99 lamps.  More of the other stuff is useless, who's wasting 750 points on Crimson Range? Not me fo sure.  Maybe add desirable items at PREMIUM PRICES... 100,000 Points for Rosebloods, sure I'm down to grind!

- The Advanced Slayer Helm is useless in its current state, and it's a shame to see it in the PoS for 350b (Particularily when it's relatively new content).  

The base version should be buffed to provide both a drop rate and damage boost for all 3 styles, think of it as a Angelic Helm or Paper Bag equivalent but only on task.

- Extend streaks beyond 10, ye it's cool to get a 25 box drop @ a 10 streak, but how about a 50 box drop at a 50 streak and 100 box at 100 streak? 10 streak is a little repetitive
The 10 streak is a good amount of tasks in my opinion for the current slayer along with the amount of boxes you get for the end of the streak. 
In addition to this, the Slayer superiors you get throughout your tasks give you 50 or 100 slayer boxes when you kill them (At ::sethard). In a few hours you can get almost 1k Slayer boxes..

- Add ::setelite, for the g's out there.  Slayer tasks not for the feint of heart.  (e.g. 12 x Corp kills, 25 x K'ril, 50 x Vorkath) and of course, more rewarding = more points, more change at a superior? Go wild, ::sethard isn't quite HARD enough.
Not a bad idea and can be brought forward to the content / suggestions team.

- Visual slayer task countdown on the screen, next to the timers.  I don't like switching tabs, it keeps everything on one screen and will be a nice QoL addition.
Also not a bad idea, will bring this forward to the content / suggestions team.

Quality of Life

Small updates which will make the game better, and overall, a more enjoyable experience.

- Add the ability to note items and sell them to the 1b shop.  Or, add some other way to get rid of these items quickly (Anyone else got 10k American Pernix sets in the bank? Zzzzz selling those 28 at a time)
This will never happen. The amount of junk items that players have at the moment will flood the eco with quads of cash. The option is to either sell everything one by one to the shop as it is at the moment, or grind npcs and earn roughly the same cash (Give or take a few hundred bill.)

- Add the following commands for ::bravek (or ::task), ::pos, ::1bshop, ::prev (previous ::command), ::slots (Lengendary+ similar to ::bank?) 

- Auto refresh the stores every ~ 6 hours, wouldn't this fix the issue with the stores glitching?

- Add a previous search option in the PoS
Could be released in a future update.

- Claim all on Ultra and Supreme boxes - too lazy to spam click tbh
Due to the Bonds you can get along with the Limey bows you can get, this will never happen. Same as the 1b noted shop suggestion you gave.

- Please god, add the Infinite Overload to the Forge options for Inf (i).  Cost 2x Infinite Overloads and 50t? ILL PAY IT.

- Add ::thread ####, for the forums?
Has been suggested before. I can bring this forward again.

- Add ::autoyell, every 1 minute autoyell for youtubers and sale advertisements.
Simply typing ::yell [message] as it is right now is good enough.

- Remove some of the stupid public acconcements like Strange Fiber and Polypore staff, gz man, u got a 1b drop!  It looks untidy in the chat box.
Alot of items have been released from the announcements that get made, more changes to that will come as we figure out what's still there.

- Ability to dismantle items and reclaim the power crystals? Potentially controversial one, but maybe I want to upgrade my gear and not waste 30t on another 3 crystals when I already have them? Maybe you lose 1 crystal in the process, but it would mean that players are more inclined to continue to upgrade their own gear rather than buying and selling up.
The way to get power crystals now days with the buff to slayer, and the amount of irons out there farming Salv boss, it's actually quite easy now to get Power Crystals.

- Add dragon minigun to Supremes and Ultras, another upgrade opportunity rather than relying on Limeys.
You can get DMG's from the slayer shop for 1k Slayer points which can be achieved in no time at all. Also, adding another avenue to upgrade items to bonds that you get from an ultra or supreme box would make the boxes far too op in that instance since you can basically get the DMG's from the slayer shop already.

- Add some interesting new day bonuses, x2 PK points is pointless and wasted on us.  How about Increased Drop Rate Day, or Increased Superiors Day, or Upgrade bonus day, or... Some ideas guys pls.
Suggestion can be brought up to the content, suggestions team.

HWEEN UPDATE

Hey great update, not hating, there's just some small thing's I'd change.

- Add the ability for the Hween boss to drop Hween boxes, seems fitting, right?

- Increase Hween token drops from the Hween boss, I get the same from Skotizo, what's the deal?  It's supposed to be a Halloween EVENT.

- ::kc Hween boss loc?

- When the event ends, make the Halloween event items UNTRADEABLE.  This prevents people merching tf out of tokens, Halloween items, etc, just for their own future gain.  
Due to the Halloween Boss being a limited time event there won't be many changes happening to it from what I can imagine.

Might add some other stuff later, thanks for reading!

Thankyou for taking the time out to make these suggestions. Please view all my responses to your post in Red.