Join the community on
Discord
Guest Display

Pest Control

Guest Display

Boi oh boi what have you done to this minigame...

It was fine, yes points were low, but it was absolutely fine, active on 2x pc etc. so you buffed points, that's fair, it was needed. Maybe by a bit too much, but still a big buff which was appreciated by about everyone. And then we look at the store and nobody does it anymore. 

3500 points for a fucking infinite overload? NOBODY is going to grind that. NOBODY is gonna do PC anymore. It's 2x pc today and NOBODY is even bothering as how bad the points are in the store.

Revert the points, or make it much lower. As an extreme donator, i have to grind 70 games ON 2X PC or i wont get the OVL from PC. I'm not grinding for void on osrs, im playing a custom rsps. But currently i can't tell the difference.

Guest Fruitella

I agree with this suggestion.  The idea that it could take someone with uber, upwards of 50 games to get an Inf Overload, is silly.  Not only that, it's made buying the inf overload less viable through this method, and therefore more reliance on darklord tokens.

Lets be honest, Pest Control is old, boring and repetitive.  Unless you have some plans to add a new, innovative  minigame, with fantastic and fast rewards.. please spend some time reworking pest, make the rewards (most importantly inf overload) more realistic, and require less of a long, boring grind particularly for the average player!

As much as I love this server, and enjoy playing it, I don't want to spend ~8 hours on an Inf Overload, just to lose it on the upgrader.

If the Inf (i) was 3500 points, that would be understandable.

Theres a suggestion format posted by Nate using that only helps your suggestion, in my opinion pest control is perfect the way it is you can get the infinite overload many different ways.

Vote shop for 7500 voting points

Donation shop for 50 points. upgrade 5 limeys and you've got it.

Darklord shop for 12 tokens

Guest Fruitella
1 hour ago, Gareth said:

Theres a suggestion format posted by Nate using that only helps your suggestion, in my opinion pest control is perfect the way it is you can get the infinite overload many different ways.

So you're saying for the inf overload (regular version baring in mind), it should take (a) 38 days of voting (assuming you claim them on 2x vote points day, (b) upgrade 150t worth of limeys, at a CHANCE of having enough donor points for an Overload, (c) spent 60t on darklord tokens, or (as a new player with low drop rate) spend countless hours grinding for tokens.

AND THEN, to make it all worthwhile.. to upgrade to the Ovl (i), you have a 80% of failing and having to do all that over again, 5 times.  Or in my case, 18 times.

Doesn't seem very fair?

You forget the fact that you can just obtain bonds in general. There's so many other things you could worry about than this. The fact that 10 prestige lamps are there. The fact that infinite overload is just a small part of the game in general.

The infinite overload (i) is an end game item it shouldn't be easy to get and you don't even need to focus on just getting it it'll come with time through donation points or vote points or slayer by killing darklords, you've been very unlucky upgrading it i agree that doesn't seem fair but it's the way rng works. Obviously Wolf knows more than us about balance so they can decide the best solution.

i agree, i think considering im 11 failed attempts at upgrading my overload potion. changing it to 3500 points for the inf ovl potion made it completly pointless to do pc. i loved it when it was 750 id even be okayw ith 1000 points for the ovl potion. but 3500 is alot for me. you have some people that are 20+ dry at upgrading the potion. idk thats just me though..

Guest Niceneasypk

As a relatively new player, I joined just prior to the update increasing the number of points that the infinite overload costed - and was daft enough not to grind it out initially... The process of obtaining an inf ovl through pest control just isn't viable - even if I wanted to, the numbers of people looking to get involved within PC as a result of the update are non-existent - and I'd be just a noob looking to kill the portals alone. Essentially the minigame has become dead content, which is a shame as it was a great place to receive tips from higher players also there (grinding their overloads) regarding gear, dps, advice etc.

Guest display
On 11/1/2020 at 2:30 PM, Gareth said:

format released after suggestion was posted

22 hours ago, Smash said:

How is it dead when you need the prestige lamps, most people do not wish to just sit there and click lamps all day. Pest Control is always farmed on double pest. You just have yet to see it I assume.

i agree with you here, and im not saying pc isn't dead as i thought it would be when update dropped, and the price for prestige lamps is absolutely fine, but i still think 3500 is steep for an overload, that's all im saying, maybe put it to like tome price? it's not a massive sub in points but it would match more to the previous pricing, and also not do something to tome of chaos issue in pricing